International Wildbird Photo Competition
Competition is closed. See you in 2019 SeptemberPrizes Rules
THE 2019 INTERNATIONAL WILDBIRD PHOTO COMPETITION
In 2019 WE CREATED A NEW VERSION OF OUR PHOTO COMPETITION: the 5 members of the JURY were in charge of the whole selection process from A to Z.
They viewed 100% of the submitted photos, i.e. 5,895 pictures from all over the planet!
The 5 members had 4 weeks to make their individual pre-selection using an online platform. 1,885 photos made it to the final round which was then held on 17 and 18th January in our premises in Abbeville.
They met to review these pictures, sort them, classify them and debate in order to decide of the Awards and of the 145 photos that will be exhibited at Le Crotoy from 13th to 22nd of April, 2019 during the 29th Festival de l’Oiseau et de la Nature.
We invite you to log into your account on our website to find out about their choices regarding the photos you submitted.
THE 2019 PHOTO COMPETITION IN A FEW FIGURES :
- 5 895 photos received
- 937 participants
- 51 nationalities represented
- 8 winners
- €6.000 of Prizes
THE RESULTS :
- GRAND PRIX 2019 awarded to Jose PESQUERO GOMEZ (Espagne), for his photo « Gannet from the rocks »
- JURY SPECIAL PRIZE awarded to Karin DE JONGE (Pays-Bas), for her photo « Pidgeoncrash »
- 1st PRIZE “BIRD IN ACTION” awarded to Michel D’OULTREMONT (Belgique), for his photo « Landing »
- 1st PRIZE ” BIRD PORTRAIT” awarded to Osthus BERNT (Norvège), for his photo « The Capercaillie Bride »
- 1st PRIZE “BIRD IN ITS ENVIRONMENT” awarded to Javier LAFUENTE (Espagne), for his photo « Misty mornings »
- 1st PRIZE ” BUNCH OF BIRDS “awarded to Marc WEBER (France), for his photo « Illuminations de Noël »
- 1st PRIZE “ARTISTIC VISION OF BIRD” awarded to Mohammad MURAD (Koweït), for his photo “Yellow Between The Stars »
- 1st PRIZE “15-17 YEARS-OLD” awarded to Thomas VOLPOET (France), for his photo « A l’aube »
Download the list of the 145 photos selected by the Jury, to be exhibited at the Crotoy from April 13 to 22, during the 29th Bird and Nature Festival.
THE JURY :
The Jury was composed of :
Jonathan LHOIR, chairman (nature photographer)
assisted by ;
Florence DABENOC (veterinarian and nature photographer),
Georges DEPARIS (nature photographer),
Pierre AGHETTI (naturalist and nature photographer)
Frédéric POLVET (Nat’Images journalist),